|Topped with a little nooch & a side of green trees!|
I love meatloaf. Which is something I couldn't say as a kid. Yuck, hated the stuff. Along with every vegetable in the book. Did you know I was 17 when I had my first salad? Anyways ... I really love this recipe, because it's just so easy. It makes quite a few servings, and is very filling. I froze half of it, and take small portions out and thaw as needed. Easy peasy! Plus, it's grain-free, gluten-free and and made without any junk. Not too bad, eh?
I cut the loaf into 6 slices and then cut it down the length again to make a total of 12 squares. You could easily make just 6 servings, but I wanted "snack" sizes, too. If I want a full meal, I just heat up two squares.
Paleo Chicken Meatloaf
Makes 12 servings
Nutrition Stats for 1 serving:
2g net carb
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 baby sweet peppers, diced
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon unprocessed salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground chicken (OR grass-fed beef, lamb, buffalo, or organic turkey)
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (or up to 1/2 cup if using a higher-fat meat)
- 1/3 cup no-sugar added ketchup (No ketchup? Use 1/3 cup tomato sauce (add some Stevia drops in there) or 3 tbsp tomato paste mixed with water to equal 1/3 cup)
- 1 small handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, sage, or a mix)
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasonings
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
It's so tasty so many different ways! Try it in a sandwich, on a wrap, topped with avocado, cottage cheese or nooch!
It's so easy to pop in the microwave and top it with some avocado; an excellent afternoon snack to get me through all of this packing ...
1. When was the last time you moved?
2. Does your mom have a famous meatloaf recipe?