Work was fantastic!
A gray, cloudy afternoon with a little bit of rainy mist, but none of my clients seemed to mind a bit. ;)
These guys seriously make my day.
I changed up my gym routine from the mornings to the afternoons, it jives better with my work schedule (and means I get to sleep in!) But, it also happens that there is some evidence to support we may be more powerful in the afternoon versus the morning. Here's a great article by Mark Sisson that covers the nitty gritty details.
|Rocking the Thousand Dollar Tee Shirt|
This afternoon was short and sweet.
Strength: 3x3 power cleans
Metcon 1: "Grace"
30 clean and jerks @ 95#
Rest 10 minutes
Metcon 2: "Cindy"
5 pullups + 10 push ups (hand release) + 15 air squats
Total rounds: 20
In this recipe, I used:
- 2 cups of Atkins baking mix
- 1 small container of Fage 0% plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tbsp egg whites + 1 whole egg
- 2 cups of unsweetened Almond Milk
- dash of vanilla
- pumpkin pie spice
They always turn out so fluffy!
And they're delicious naked, too.
A reader asked what supplements I take, and since I recently changed it up a bit, here we go:
- Biotin helps regulate blood sugar, metabolism, it greatly aids in breaking down carbohydrates.
- B-12, another important B vitamin like Biotin, helps develop and regulate a healthy nervous system and the formation of red blood cells.
- Melatonin (with L-theanine) makes me sleep like a baby. I used to take just Melatonin, but found it wasn't effective. The added L-thanine makes a world of difference! One pill and I'm out like a light 20 minutes later!
- Vitamin D: essential for calcium absorption, strong bones and immune function and should be taken with a fish oil.
- Fish Oil: There is so much information out there about fish oils! I am a huge proponent of a high quality and high dosage of fish oil. If you're not educated on the subject, read here, here and here. I searched high and low for an affordable branch of fish oil that offered up a decent serving of EPA/DHA. Don't be tricked by the claims, read the label! This particular bottle from Nature Made has a pretty decent amount of EPA/DHA per serving, so I take 3 in the morning and 3 at night, maybe 4 if I'm feeling extra sore. ;)
- Natural Calm: I also take this with my melatonin supplement. I have found it at Whole Foods, though it can be ordered online or maybe found at your local health food store. It's a calming magnesium drink that also helps keep me regular. ;)
And the best supplement of all: chocolate.
What is your least favorite CrossFit movement?The snatch, because I suck at it. And maybe the pistol, because even though I can do them, I do them on my toes (what can I say, I have exceptional balance and really bad ankle mobility from years of dancing and being on my tip toes.)
What is your favorite chocolate mix-in?
I love ginger and dark chocolate, and any salted dark chocolate. But really, I'm not picky, chocolate is chocolate!
Waffles or Pancakes?
Waffles. I love the crevices for delicious things to get lost in, like crunchy peanut butter and syrup, yummmm!