Thrusters from yesterday's WOD, "HelFran"
1. We will be moving to Conyers, Georgia. James has orders to work out of the recruiting station there. He has to report by the end of July, so it looks like my time at Ford Hood is coming to a close ... It's causing me a lot of turmoil. I'm sad. I'm really going to miss this place, the people, the post, the soldiers, everything. Words cannot describe ...
2. We are considering a DITY move, meaning we move ourselves and the military pays us (instead of the military coming in and moving everything for us. For our situation (no kids, not a lot of pets, a relatively small amount of furniture and new location that is only 15 driving hours away), it makes sense for us to do a DITY move - we stand to make a pretty penny.
3. In addition to my training certifications through NASM, I just signed up for a Personal Training Certification through the American Council on Exercise. I'm also contemplating a TRX certification in the future. They're holding a class in Kennesaw, GA in September.
4. My best friend got me the sweetest charm from James Avery, my favorite jeweler. I've been wearing it on a small chain around my neck. I absolutely adore it.
5. I picked up a new pair of Minimus from the PX on post. Gotta love tax-free shopping. I had to go 1/2 a size up from my WT10's, my duck feet felt a little crammed in the 8's.
I wore them today for the WOD, I liked them, but they're a little tighter than my other pair, I'll have to watch how I lace them.
Today: 60 min spin + 20 min AMRAP
7 hang cleans, 135/95#
7 box jumps, 20/24"
9 rounds + 2 hang cleans, Rx'ed
What are your plans for the weekend? I have a 5k in the morning. A little bittersweet, it will be my last race on post I think before we move. *Tear