It's another Friday Fill-In. Wife of a Sailor puts these on once a week. It's an opportunity for military spouses (or just my readers, all 5 of you) to learn more about fellow bloggers and mil-spouses.
1. What romance movie scene reminds you of your spouse and the LOVE you share? submitted by Simply Sunshine and Daisy’s
Dear John, the entire movie, reminds me of my love for my solider, best friend and husband. We saw this movie while we were dating. We were apart, long distance, at the time, yet we made this movie a date. We had a two-hour time difference between the two of us, so I found the movie theatre that played the showing at my time, 6pm, and found another theatre where he was, that started at 8pm. We "sat" through the movie "together" in heart, and I called him as soon as it was finished. Although we weren't with each other in body, we really shared a lot by dating long-distance. The letters that meant so much to him, reminded me of the packages I used to send to James, and the journal we'd write in and send back and forth.
2. If you were allowed to deploy with your husband to a war zone would you and why? submitted by I & J
So funny! As my husband and I were BBQing tonight, we were talking about deployment. Since I'm thinking about joining the Reserves, there is a chance eventually I'll deploy. He always talks about the possibility of me going Active Duty, and him and I working side by side, and what deployment will be like.
3. Have you ever done anything (intentionally, or unintentionally) to embarrass your spouse/significant other in front of his military cohorts? submitted by Marrying the Navy
No, I haven't embarrassed him - yet! I do drop into work to plant him big kisses and bring in cookies, otherwise, I'm holding off for a really, really good time. :) Muehehe.
4. What is your most irrational fear? submitted by Eights on the Move
Being stung by a swarm of bees. Swallowing a spider while I am sleeping. (Probably rational, sadly.) Crapping my pants during a marathon. (Another rational fear.)
5. If you could only live in one kind of climate for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? submitted by Many Waters
Average temperature of 75, with a chilly wind, warm sun, green grass, mountains. I want 4 seasons. A real spring, a real fall, a real winter, a real summer. I'm not sure where this paradise exists. If it could be fall year round, I'd be happy. :) I'm a leather boots and scarf kind of girl.
We're BBQ'in and I made a batch of Raisin Bran Oat Wads! Recipe and photos coming soon. :)